An ACCA Professional Courses event
ARE YOU READY FOR FRS 102?
Detail of changes to UK GAAP including
• asset related issues;
• business combinations;
• financial instruments;
• new and enhanced disclosures.
Allan Hunter MA CA
Audit Senior Manager, Anderson, Anderson and Brown LLP Aberdeen
ACCOUNTANTS AND THE LAW
• Anti-money laundering legal framework refresher
• latest developments
• practical compliance measures
• summary of the Bribery Act
• practical aspects of compliance with the Bribery Act
Partner, Blackadders’ Private Client practice group
Head of Blackadders’ Business Services practice group
TAX IMPLICATIONS OF NEW UK GAAP
Effective for accounting periods commencing on or after 31 January 2015, if not indeed before!
• FRSEE (2015): Financial Reporting Standard for Smaller Entities
• FRS100: application of financial reporting requirements
• FRS101: reduced disclosure requirements for parents and subsidiaries
• FRS102: financial Reporting Standards replacing SSAPs and FRSs
• FRS103: accounting for insurance business
• specifically we will look at financial instruments; consolidations; deferred tax and foreign currency transactions
• dormant companies transitional relief
• true and fair overrides
The course will concentrate on how your entity’s accounting entries in respect of the above new UK GAAP provisions will impact for tax purposes – post the Independence Election of course!
Bob Crawford BA CA CTA, Jeffrey Crawford & Co
CAPITAL V REVENUE - HOW TO DETERMINE FOR EXPENDITURE
• why does it matter?
• what does tax law provide?
• HMRC practice and guidance
• case law
• common problem areas
Professor Alex McDougall BSc, CA, CTA, TEP, FRSA
Tax Consultant, Alex McDougall & Co. CA