The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) is the professional body for the securities and investment industry and is of particular interest to ACCA members working in either the financial services sector or with financial services clients.
Through this partnership, ACCA members and affiliates can join CISI without having to pay an initial membership joining fee. ACCA members with three or more years of industry experience qualify for membership of CISI (MCSI) and ACCA members without industry experience can become Associate members (ACSI) of the Institute. The annual subscription fee is currently £165 for MCSIs and £60 for ACSIs for the first year, £120 thereafter.
Membership carries a wealth of benefits, both professional and personal. All of the following are free benefits to subscribing members:
- access to free CPD events
- online archive of slides and transcripts of previous events
- free use of CISI regulatory refresher
- Infolink online resource library
- regulatory update – quarterly online update on regulatory developments
- exclusive EU Legislations and Anti-Money Laundering information
- Professional Interest Forums
- S&I review membership magazine
- discounts on conferences and training courses.
ACCA and CISI also work together to provide CPD opportunities for ACCA members using CISI qualifications. Many roles in financial services require individuals to have in-depth understanding of the industry and the underpinning regulation. The qualifications provided by the CISI help satisfy this requirement and increase financial product understanding.
More information is available on the CISI website – please use the link in the 'See also' area. To book a CISI examination please call +44 (0)20 7645 0777 or, to enquire about membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org