Outsourcing can mean many things, but the simplest explanation is that it is asking another company to do a job or to perform a service that your company could do but for some reason chooses not to. Traditionally, the main driver behind outsourcing is cost; to decrease the cost of production of goods or decrease the cost of providing a service.
This practical course focuses on the benefits and problems of outsourcing, and helps you decide if it is appropriate for you.
Each module is split into two activities:
- 'Understanding the issues': this encourages you to think about a topic, drawing on your own professional experience and knowledge
- 'Putting it into practice': this helps you to put ideas and/or theories into practice as part of your day-to-day work
On completion of this online course, you will gain an understanding of:
- what outsourcing is
- how to identify the problems outsourcing can cause
- the challenges and benefits of outsourcing
- the ways in which you can monitor your outsourcing
- how to decide if outsourcing is right for you