Join us for our CPD skills webinar in partnership with accountingcpd.net
Every organisation wants to measure the performance of its processes – to determine that they are delivering value for money; and to prove the benefits that they are delivering but performance measurement is not easy. Choosing inappropriate measures can result in unintended consequences, with the wrong things getting prioritised. At the same time, the outputs of many processes are intangible and difficult to measure.
The only solution is to take a structured approach to the design of performance measures that involves stakeholders, customers and users to clearly define agreed outcomes, and then measure performance against those outcomes.
This webinar presents the main concepts in performance analysis and webinar, and introduces tools for the measurement and management of business performance.
By attending, you will learn:
- why do we measure performance
- the benefits of performance measurement
- the dangers of targets
- the three levels of performance measurement
- the pros and cons of financial measures
- the performance measurement linkage chart
- what makes a good measure
- a starter set of performance measures
- the voice of the process
- the nature of variation
- displaying performance data
- Shewhart individuals control chart
- strategies for dealing with variation
- the relationship between process behaviour and cost.
Ross Maynard FCMA
Ross Maynard is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants. He has worked as a consultant and trainer for over 20 years, specialising in process improvement and lean.
Ross is the author of several online training courses for accountingcpd.net and has published many articles on lean, improvement and performance measurement.
- 1 hour
Want to earn free CPD units?
Earn your free one-hour CPD unit per webinar. Register for more live and on-demand CPD skills webinars. Certificates are available after 50 minutes of viewing time.