Why are we doing this?
The ACCA Vietnam Amabssador programme was first launched on May 6, 2009, at the University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City (UEH) with the aim of building a bridge between ACCA and Vietnamese students, so as to provide necessary supports and assistance to the students in approaching ACCA and the qualifications.
How are we doing this?
The ACCA Vietnam Ambassador Group include six selected members from the Accounting-Auditing Department of the University to support ACCA Vietnam in enhancing and strengthening the relationship with students.
The Ambassador Group's members are from academic year 1, 2, and 3, which will help maximise the approach of ACCA to all students. Graduating students will no longer be eligible for ambassador title, responsibilities, and benefits.
To be short-listed, students must meet the following minimum requirements:
- possess good academic track records
- demonstrate leadership qualities in extra co-curricular activities.
What is the selection process?
- Filtering round: together with the head of the Accounting-Auditing Department of the University, ACCA will select the students with the most potential for the CV-scanning round;
- CV-scanning round: the students are required to submit their resume and all other supporting documents such as rewards, prizes, scholarships, and a motivation letter of why they want to become ACCA Ambassadors and how they would contribute to the growth of ACCA in their university;
- interview round: students passing the second round will have to attend interview sessions conducted by the head of the Accounting-Auditing Department and ACCA's representative. The six most excellent students will be chosen to become ACCA Ambassadors.
Student Ambassadors will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- contributions/achievements in co-curriculum activities – 30 per cent
- innovation – 30 per cent
- interview – 40 per cent
What do ACCA Vietnam ambassadors do?
- Act as a contact point between ACCA Vietnam and the students, especially in providing all relevant information about ACCA and its qualifications;
- offer assistance in promoting ACCA events/activities, such as informing students of ACCA presentations/meetings and ACCA's attendance at careers fairs, as well as in joining the university's events;
- help promoting ACCA image in the university throughout all possible means including, but not limited to, the notice board, leaflets, brochures, emails, phone calls, info sessions, etc;
- assist ACCA in recruiting new accelerate students in the university (organise information sessions about the Accelerate scheme, deliver and collect registration forms from all students, collaborate with ACCA to guarantee the benefits of Accelerate students, etc);
- make periodical reports on the activities and results of the Ambassador Group;
- attend other events and activities organised by ACCA outside the university;
- raise ideas to contribute to the improvement and development of ACCA image in the university.
What do ambassadors receive from ACCA?
- Free soft-skill training sessions;
- recommendation letters to employers, especially the Big Four (KPMG, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers);
- beneficial relationships with experts in the accounting-finance field as attending ACCA events and activities;
- updated information on international accounting, auditing and finance through the monthly Student Accountant magazine sent via email;
- free access to the mini library in ACCA Vietnam Office on weekdays, at working hours;
- networking opportunities with leaders in the industry;
- fee waiver of initial registration fee and exam/exemption fees of papers F1, F2, and F3;
- annual student conference/business forum for the exchange of ideas with ACCA members – experts in the industry, employers – and great outdoor activities.
ACCA Vietnam Accelerate programme, together with the Student Ambassador programme, was launched on May 6, 2009, at the University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City. This is part of the giant step by ACCA Vietnam to approach university students to promote our qualifications. This programme is open to all students taking full-time courses in the universities and colleges.
Benefits of ACCA Accelerate
- Free soft-skill training sessions;
- updated information on international accounting, auditing, and finance throughout the monthly Student Accountant magazine sent via email;
- free access to the mini library in the ACCA Vietnam Office on weekdays during working hours;
- annual student conference/business forum for the exchange of ideas with ACCA members – experts in the industry and employers – and great outdoor activities.
Graduating students will no longer be eligible for Accelerate title and benefits.
How to register
Simply print out the form, fill it in and turn it to the ambassadors at your university.
The launch of the ACCA Vietnam Ambassador and Accelerate programmes
On May 7, 2009, ACCA Vietnam launched the Ambassador and Accelerate programmes for the very first time in Vietnam with the University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City as the pilot.
The ceremony was attended by around 120 students and honoured guests from ACCA, the board of directors of the University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City, Big Four members and tuition providers including FTMS, Lotus University, KB Training, and Vietsourcing.
The ceremony not only introduced the aim and operation structure of the programme, but was also a chance for the Ambassadors to present themselves to schoolmates, teachers, employers and learning providers.
In his speech at the ceremony, University vice-rector Mr Nguyen Dong Phong, speaking on behalf of the board of directors, expressed his thanks to ACCA for bringing such a beneficial programme to the students. He also announced that the University's board will provide all necessary support for ACCA's activities and co-operation with the school in the future.
Representatives of Big Four also praised the ACCA student ambassadors for their excellent academic results, soft skills and extra-curricular activities, as well as their belief that the ambassadors would be very potential candidates in the future.
Soft-skill training workshop for third- and fourth-year Accelerate students
A one-day workshop on effective CV and cover letter writing and job interviewing will be conducted by ACCA Vietnam on 20 September, attended by around 100 third- and fourth-year Accelerate students from the University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City.
In order to optimise the efficiency of the workshop, there will be teamwork and role playing to encourage the application of theory. Prizes will be rewarded to teams and individuals who excel in the practice sessions.
The workshop is organised with the support of our tuition providers, FTMS and KB Training, who provided us with experienced speakers.
Ms Bien Thi Hang Nga, business relations manager of ACCA Vietnam, announced that there would be more activities for all Accelerate students, such as business forums and student conferences where students would have a chance to talk to ACCA members, through which a more comprehensive view of the accountancy, auditing, and finance field could be obtained.
Register for the workshop via the Ambassador Group email at firstname.lastname@example.org