Why are we doing this?
The ACCA Vietnam Amabssador programme was first launched on May 6, 2009, at the University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City (UEH) with the aim of building a bridge between ACCA and Vietnamese students, so as to provide necessary supports and assistance to the students in approaching ACCA and the qualifications.
How are we doing this?
The ACCA Vietnam Ambassador Group include six selected members from the Accounting-Auditing Department of the University to support ACCA Vietnam in enhancing and strengthening the relationship with students.
The Ambassador Group's members are from academic year 1, 2, and 3, which will help maximise the approach of ACCA to all students. Graduating students will no longer be eligible for ambassador title, responsibilities, and benefits.
To be short-listed, students must meet the following minimum requirements:
- possess good academic track records
- demonstrate leadership qualities in extra co-curricular activities.
What is the selection process?
- Filtering round: together with the head of the Accounting-Auditing Department of the University, ACCA will select the students with the most potential for the CV-scanning round;
- CV-scanning round: the students are required to submit their resume and all other supporting documents such as rewards, prizes, scholarships, and a motivation letter of why they want to become ACCA Ambassadors and how they would contribute to the growth of ACCA in their university;
- interview round: students passing the second round will have to attend interview sessions conducted by the head of the Accounting-Auditing Department and ACCA's representative. The six most excellent students will be chosen to become ACCA Ambassadors.
Student Ambassadors will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- contributions/achievements in co-curriculum activities – 30 per cent
- innovation – 30 per cent
- interview – 40 per cent
What do ACCA Vietnam ambassadors do?
- Act as a contact point between ACCA Vietnam and the students, especially in providing all relevant information about ACCA and its qualifications;
- offer assistance in promoting ACCA events/activities, such as informing students of ACCA presentations/meetings and ACCA's attendance at careers fairs, as well as in joining the university's events;
- help promoting ACCA image in the university throughout all possible means including, but not limited to, the notice board, leaflets, brochures, emails, phone calls, info sessions, etc;
- assist ACCA in recruiting new accelerate students in the university (organise information sessions about the Accelerate scheme, deliver and collect registration forms from all students, collaborate with ACCA to guarantee the benefits of Accelerate students, etc);
- make periodical reports on the activities and results of the Ambassador Group;
- attend other events and activities organised by ACCA outside the university;
- raise ideas to contribute to the improvement and development of ACCA image in the university.
What do ambassadors receive from ACCA?
- Free soft-skill training sessions;
- recommendation letters to employers, especially the Big Four (KPMG, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers);
- beneficial relationships with experts in the accounting-finance field as attending ACCA events and activities;
- updated information on international accounting, auditing and finance through the monthly Student Accountant magazine sent via email;
- free access to the mini library in ACCA Vietnam Office on weekdays, at working hours;
- networking opportunities with leaders in the industry;
- fee waiver of initial registration fee and exam/exemption fees of papers F1, F2, and F3;
- annual student conference/business forum for the exchange of ideas with ACCA members – experts in the industry, employers – and great outdoor activities.