ACCA Wales was launched on 9 October 2001 with the official opening of the Cardiff office by the Rt Hon Rhodri Morgan AM, First Minister of the National Assembly for Wales.
The office was established due to the growth of members and students in Wales and now is the operational centre for five members of staff.
Membership numbers continue to grow and there are now over 5,100 members, students and affiliates in Wales working within some of Wales’ leading organisations
The strategy of ACCA Cymru/Wales is guided by the ACCA Cymru/Wales Committee.
ACCA Cymru/Wales aims to:
- raise the profile and influence of ACCA and the finance profession in Wales;
- engage with key decision makers such as the Welsh Government and National Assembly for Wales as the voice of the accountancy profession;
- be the leading professional accountancy body in Wales by providing quality professional opportunities in Wales for ACCA members and students of ability and application throughout their working careers;
- identify and examine the educational, business and political developments in Wales to ensure that all ACCA services and activities are appropriate for the Welsh market;
- promote the highest ethical and governance standards.
ACCA Bwletin Cymru
ACCA Wales member networks
Each network is steered by a panel of up to nine elected volunteer members, who help to organise a programme of meetings designed to enable members to meet their own CPD requirements and also to network with fellow ACCA members.
Enrolment in all of these is free. New members are automatically enrolled in their local regional network and the sector-specific network relevant to the business sector in which they work, unless they specify otherwise.
ACCA Wales has member network panels in the following areas:
ACCA Wales events
Visit our events database to find the latest information on upcoming events in your area, by selecting the filter for your region:
- North Wales
- South Wales
ACCA Cymru Wales staff
Ben Cottam, Head of ACCA Cymru Wales
Ceri Maund, Services & Communications Manager
Winston Jacob, Business Development Manager, Employers
Kylie Skinner, Business Relationship Manager, Students
Maria Hampson-Jones, Services Co-ordinator