Use of the site
Intellectual property rights: our website
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this site (including, but not limited to, information, photographs and graphical images) is owned by ACCA.
© 2011 The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, 29 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London, WC2A 3EE
ACCA (word and logo) is a registered trademark.
You may print or download material from this site only if:
- it is for non-commercial or personal use
- it is not stored on any medium other than for subsequent viewing or for personal use
- it is not reproduced, modified, adapted or processed
- the ACCA copyright notice and this permission notice appears in all copies.
No part of this site may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without ACCA's prior written permission.
Use of the ACCA logo on social media sites
Third parties are setting up groups and pages on Facebook and other social media platforms which display the ACCA logo (a representation is below) and create the impression that they originate from or are approved by ACCA.
These activities not only infringe our intellectual property rights but are likely to breach the relevant terms and conditions between the third parties and social media platforms. These platforms will therefore remove the relevant pages if asked to do so by us.
We do not want to prevent anyone from creating groups and pages on Facebook or any other platform about our courses or ACCA in general. However, we do ask the relevant parties to respect our intellectual property rights by ensuring that the pages and groups do not use our logo or create the impression that they originate from or are approved by us.
In order to avoid any disputes arising, we would like to provide the following guidance:
- The ACCA logo should never be used.
- The ACCA word mark can be used as a title for the group or page only as long as the word "unofficial" appears next to it.
- The relevant page should carry the following disclaimer in a prominent position:
"This group is not associated with or approved by ACCA and the views expressed on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of ACCA".
ACCA reserves the right to amend or alter these guidelines from time to time.
If you have any questions about these guidelines please email email@example.com
Copyright infringement: our qualifications
ACCA has made, and continues to make, significant investment to develop globally recognised and relevant qualifications. In order to protect the integrity and quality of the whole range of qualifications, all aspects of ACCA’s qualifications* are protected by copyright.
ACCA does not permit, under any circumstances, the unauthorised copying, reproduction or translation of ACCA’s qualifications. ACCA’s entire suite of qualifications remains the intellectual property of ACCA and should never be held out as the intellectual property of another party.
Any attempt to copy, replicate or translate any aspect of ACCA’s qualifications is an infringement of ACCA’s intellectual property rights and, as such, provides grounds for ACCA to pursue a claim for copyright infringement.
ACCA will pursue copyright infringement claims in the event that any of the circumstances outlined below occur:
- Copying, reproduction or translation of the content of any part of the ACCA’s qualifications i) in full ii) where it is found that the substantive part of a text is a copy, reproduction or translation of any part of ACCA’s qualifications
- Copying, reproduction or translation of the style and/or design of any part of ACCA’s qualifications.
ACCA expects all stakeholders and interested parties to respect the intellectual property rights subsisting in its qualifications.
* ACCA’s qualifications include the syllabus and examinations for the ACCA Qualification, the Foundations in Accountancy suite of qualifications, the Diploma in International Financial Reporting (DipIFR), the Certificate in International Financial Reporting (CertIFR), the Certificate in International Auditing (CertIA), the Diploma in Financial Management (DipFM) as well as ACCA’s Foundations in Professionalism, the Professional Ethics Module and the objectives outlined in ACCA’s Practical Experience Requirement.
ACCA has used reasonable care and skill in compiling the material on this site but makes no warranty as to its accuracy or completeness. ACCA accepts no liability for any errors or omissions in the material, or for any action or decision taken or not taken as a result of using this site.
This site may contain material provided to ACCA by third parties. Those providing such material are responsible for ensuring that it complies with international and national law. ACCA reserves the right to delete, suspend or change the position of any such material and accepts no liability for any error or omission in it.
ACCA endeavours to ensure that this site is normally available 24 hours a day. It may, however, suspend access to this site without notice at any time and accepts no liability for any consequences of the site being unavailable for any reason.
Links to and from other sites
Hypertext links from this site to other sites are provided ’as is’ with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within those other sites. Any hypertext links to this site must go to the home page.
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.