Develop the key skill of communication which employees look for when recruiting accountants.
Communication is the key skill that employees look for, when recruiting accountants. This pathway is designed to help you develop that skill.
Communication will be crucial to your success. Whether you are managing budgets and forecasts, presenting complex financial information, leading a team, or even sending an email, your ability to gather information, listen to peoples' needs, share data with colleagues, and win support for your ideas, will be critical in developing successful relationships with clients or colleagues.
Along with your fellow participants, you will be learning how to take in, provide and present information, select appropriate and audience focused communication methods, listen, write and speak effectively, use software and visual communication tools, brief others and evaluate your success.
This learning pathway will address the four groups of communication competencies identified by ACCA:
- taking in information
- providing clear information
- presenting information
- taking the initiative to keep information users up to date.
- Duration: 20 weeks
- Weekly study: 1 hour
- Start date: in session
- Use code ACCA101 at checkout for 10% discount
The programme has been split into different topics, which will be covered each week of the course.
1. Planning and personal skills audit
2. Communication in a professional context
3. Sharing ideas and information
4. Listening and collaborating with others
5. Persuading and negotiating
6. Gathering information using social media
7. Building relationships with social media
9. Effective writing
10. Presentation skills
11. Developing effective presentations
12. Effective speaking
13. Sharing data
14. Presenting data
15. Using data to influence decisions
16. Communicating financial information within your organisation
17. Communicating financial information outside of your organisation
18. Communicating complex ideas
19. Communicating with the media
20. Wrap-up and reflection
ACCA learning pathways in association with accountingcpd, who work with leading industry specialists to develop bespoke CPD courses.
Disclaimer: This course is available for ACCA members, you may need your ACCA membership number to complete your booking. This course and outline is provided by a third-party course provider. All course bookings are subject to the terms and conditions set by the course provider. Please see individual supplier pages for full terms and conditions. ACCA takes no liability for bookings made with third-party suppliers.
- 20 hours
- 20 weeks - one hour per week
- 330 GBP (plus VAT)
- Use code ACCA101
- for 10% discount
You will be redirected to an external website for booking.