Homes for Ukraine: No tax to pay on £350 ‘thank you’ payments

Legislation will be introduced to exempt the £350 ‘thank you’ payments made by local authorities to sponsors under the ‘Homes for Ukraine’ scheme from income tax and corporation tax.

In the meantime, we will not collect any tax on these payments. Recipients should also disregard such payments when calculating income for the purposes of tax credits.

Homes for Ukraine: Tax relief for companies making properties available

The government has confirmed that companies making dwellings available to support the ‘Homes for Ukraine’ scheme will be relieved from the Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) and the 15% rate of Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT).

Arrivals from Ukraine: Guidance for claiming Child Benefit

Anyone coming to the UK under the ‘Ukraine Family Support’ or ‘Homes for Ukraine’ scheme is entitled to claim Child Benefit immediately – rather than having to wait for the usual three-month qualifying period. People should complete a CH2 Child Benefit claim form and submit this by post to the Child Benefit office, the address of which can be found on the form.

Claimants should provide an original birth certificate and the passport or travel document used to enter the UK. Where this documentation is not immediately available, people are advised to include a note in their claim and someone from HMRC will be in touch to discuss further. You can find more information on Child Benefit on UK Government website or call 0300 200 3100 (from inside the UK).