The report presents findings from a ground-breaking global ACCA study, using data powered by HfS Research, of CFOs and other finance leaders on the aims and effectiveness of finance shared services and outsourcing initiatives. The survey explores the initial drivers behind adopting finance shared services operations, considering how these are evolving, and the success of current approaches. Key findings include:
- Much more opportunity for the adoption of shared services and outsourcing globally.
- More scope to adopt transactional financial processes
- Delivery of higher-value finance activities still untapped.
- Broad stream of benefits expected, with efficiency, cost and capability starting out as major drivers of change.
- Broader business goals take on more importance over time with a shift in prioritisation.