- Cheques and drafts should be made payable to 'The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants' or 'ACCA'. Please ensure you write your registration/membership number on the front of the cheque or draft. (If you are sending us a cheque or draft for a number of students or members, please include a list of those students' or members' names, their ACCA client numbers and how much money should be allocated to each account.)
- Using other methods of payment such as Sterling cheques drawn by banks outside the UK will mean additional charges. These additional charges will need to be added to the payment. In countries where foreign exchange controls are in force, you are recommended to present payment notifications to your bank well in advance of the due date for payment. Where payment is likely to be delayed by exchange controls, you should send us proof of local payment.
- To check that a payment has been processed, please visit your myACCA account. Online payments should appear immediately in your account, and posted payments after five working days from being received by ACCA. It is important that you tell us if there has been a problem with your payment. Please contact ACCA Connect by phone or email.
- Your name may be removed from the ACCA register if you do not pay your fees on time.
What are pre-paid cards?
To make it easier for you to pay your exam and student registration fees online, a number of our national offices have been working in partnership with their local bank to offer a pre-paid card.
The pre-paid card will allow you to enter and pay for exams online and pay your annual subscriptions in local currency, without the need to raise bank drafts in UK sterling and incurring bank charges.
You will need to load the pre-paid card with local currency before you can use it. Please note that charges for obtaining the card may apply.
How to apply
For more information and to find out if a pre-paid card is available in your country, please select your country from the related links on the left.
If you cannot find your country's name in the list, don't worry. Our other national offices are working with their local banks to set up pre-paid cards. Please revisit this page in the near future to find out if a pre-paid card scheme has been set up in your country.
PAYING BY DIRECT DEBIT
UK bank account holders can pay the annual subscription by Direct Debit. Payment by direct debit avoids the difficulties that can occur when subscription notifications are mislaid or overlooked. It ensures that payment is made on time and for the correct amount. To pay by this method please complete and return the Direct Debit mandate (in Related Documents below).
- Subscriptions will be collected on or around 1 January each year and similarly in future years.
- Any other sums owing will not be collected by this method and must be paid separately.