Hong Kong SAR of China
Competency of this event:
On 28 May 2020, the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) issued amendments to IFRS 16, which provide relief for lessees in accounting for rent concession granted as a direct consequence of COVID-19. It is mandatory for financial statements with reporting periods beginning on or after 1 June 2020. This offer significant operational relief for lessees in accounting for modifications to lease contracts a s a consequent of Covid-19. In this webinar we will cover:
- Lease modification for lessees and lessors in according to IFRS 16
- Practical expedient offered by the amendments to IFRS 16
- The criteria of applying practical expedient
- Comparison of the financial impact of applying lease modification versus practical expedient
Eunice Chu, FCCA, Head of Policy, ACCA Hong Kong
Eunice Chu is responsible for elevating ACCA’s brand equity through stakeholders’ engagement, speaking in forums and training events, conducting research projects, article contribution and media commentaries. She is the moderator of the annual ACCA Hong Kong CFO Summit and speaker of various business events.
Through collaboration with Big 4, universities, educational institutions and professional bodies, Eunice is responsible for driving research projects contributing to the development of accounting profession and business community in Hong Kong. She is the co-author of various research reports including ‘Understand the new cyber reality’, ‘Hong Kong’s Automated Future – An RPA Guide for Finance Functions’, and ‘Greater Bay Area Opportunities – Capitalising Hong Kong’s Unique Edge’. Her work supports ACCA’s thought leadership agenda.
Besides her research work, Eunice also assists ACCA’s advocacy and educational work, giving presentation and training sessions on financial reporting, corporate governance and professional ethics issues in Hong Kong, Vietnam and Cambodia.
Prior to joining ACCA Hong Kong, Eunice gained extensive senior finance management experience through working as the Regional Finance Director of a US-listed company and a Fortune 500 multinational corporation for over a decade, overseeing over 11 territories in Asia Pacific and Middle East region. And she had also worked as an auditor in PwC before.
- Each enrolee will be notified via email about the webinar access link and password.
- Enrolee can access the recorded webinar until 31 Dec 2021.
- Enrolee’s own attendance record can be downloaded in the webinar platform after attending the webinar.
Hong Kong SAR of China
- 1.5 hours