The ACCA Qualification and the UN SDGs
Championing sustainability through the ACCA Qualification
Accountants are in a unique position to make real, impactful change and be at the centre of sustainable development.
From reporting on CO2 emissions to measuring social impact, the skills, judgement and all-round, data-informed view of business possessed by professional accountants have a vital role in this effort.
Sustainability is fully integrated in our qualification, preparing future generation of accountants to recognise the challenges and address the impact in organisations.
Some of the topics we cover include:
- Integrated Reporting <IR>, a framework we have adopted and championed for over a decade
- Sustainability reporting for different stakeholders
- Audit of social and environmental matters
- Impact of sustainability issues on strategy formulation, business performance and financial decisions
- Measurement of economic, environmental and social performance
- Internal controls and management systems for environmental and sustainability accounting
- Environmental management accounting
- Legal risks and risk management
- Environmental taxation considerations
And at strategic professional level, our new content includes:
- New business models
- Circular economies
- SDG disclosure recommendations
For more detail, please see the attached documents.