Tax professionals are highly qualified individuals who are able to interpret and explain complex tax laws and regulations to allow their clients to increase their tax efficiency and ensure compliance.Read more
Most advisors will specialise in a certain area of tax, the main areas being:
- corporate tax - assisting companies with their tax returns and tax strategies
- indirect tax - advising how indirect taxes impact their clients’ financial and accounting system
- international tax - assisting with and calculating tax liabilities of organisations and individuals operating across multiple jurisdictions
- personal tax - managing tax for individuals, particularly high net worth individuals
- tax compliance – ensuring that a company’s financial information complies with the tax laws and regulations of their country.
Tax professionals must have the highest level of professionalism and integrity and be mindful of the increasing scrutiny of both corporate and individual tax obligations.