In a time where we are increasingly reliant on using technology and the internet daily, ensuring that personal data is protected is a major concern for many people. With more and more organisations dealing with such data and ever increasing amounts of related regulations globally, it's important that we keep up to date with the ever-changing world of data protection.
This course provides an overview of the key aspects of data protection from the main principles, to global regulations, to cookies and what you can do practically within your organisation. Accountants are becoming increasingly more involved in how organisations handle data security and privacy, this course will give you the knowledge you need to keep on top of this important issue.
This course will enable you to:
- understand the importance of data protection and how it affects the accounting function
- appreciate the main principles of data protection, including the rights an individual has; the importance of gaining consent; maintaining data security; and the impact of technology
- outline data protection laws around the world and identify those that affect your organisation
- know what a cookie is and appreciate its involvement in data protection
- take away practical steps to implement and enhance data protection in your own organisation.
- learn at your own pace
- help meet your annual CPD requirements
- iPad/Android compatible
- exclusive member benefit – 10% discount.
Helping accountants grow
Disclaimer: This course is available for ACCA members, you may need your ACCA membership number to complete your booking. This course and outline is provided by a third-party course provider. All course bookings are subject to the terms and conditions set by the course provider. Please see individual supplier pages for full terms and conditions. ACCA takes no liability for bookings made with third-party suppliers.
- 4 hours
- 120 days access
- 75 GBP (exc. VAT)
- ACCA members receive 10% discount
- when using code ACCA101
You will be redirected to an external website for booking.