The rate of change in the business environment is greater than ever before and managers are recognising that they have to spend more time looking forward. For you, the finance professional, this is vitally important but not necessarily straightforward. Coming to terms with judgements about the future, which are subject to significant margins of error, requires a particular set of skills.
As well as describing the principles of forecasting, this course looks at their application, especially in decision-making. It will help you to make use of effective interpretative statistics and to understand the role of short, medium and long-term forecasting within a comprehensive structure of control.
This course will enable you to:
- recognise what forecasts are used for, and who is responsible for them
- discuss the principles and practice of statistics relevant to forecasting
- explore the mechanisms for effective forecasting in the short and medium-term
- recognise the ways in which long-term forecasting can inform strategic management.
- learn at your own pace
- help meet your annual CPD requirements
- develop your own learning needs
- exclusive member benefit – 10% discount
- iPad/Android compatible.
Helping accountants grow
Disclaimer: This course is available for ACCA members, you may need your ACCA membership number to complete your booking. This course and outline is provided by a third-party course provider. All course bookings are subject to the terms and conditions set by the course provider. Please see individual supplier pages for full terms and conditions. ACCA takes no liability for bookings made with third-party supplier.
- 4 hours
- 120 days' access
- 75 GBP (exc. VAT)
- ACCA members receive 10% discount
- using code ACCA101
You will be redirected to an external website for booking.