If you are just starting up in practice then ACCA has some helpful templates that you can use.
This resource has been developed for the UK market – if you are not based in the UK then you should consider how the information and advice can be applied in your market.
Guide to series
We have over 200 short guides that a practice can put its name onto and send out to clients. Topics range from export finance, insuring your business, strategic acquisitions, the capital allowances regime, auto-enrolment, employment law, debt recovery to effective PR. These guides can be downloaded from the technical resources area.
UK GAAP model accounts
We have produced the following model accounts:
- FRS 102
- FRS 102 section 1A for small companies (abridged)
- FRS 102 for LLPs
- FRS 105
- Small self-administered pension schemes accounts
- Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIO) accounts
- Charity company accounts using FRS 102
These are available from ACCA by emailing email@example.com and quoting your name and membership number.
The folllowing letters may be useful for a member starting up a practice:
- Letter of representation - unincorporated business
- Letter of representation - incorporated business
- Letter of authority
- Clearance letter
- Planning memorandum
- Work checklist - accounts preparation
- Work checklist - VAT
- Work checklist - payroll weekly
- Work checklist - payroll monthly
- Work checklist - management accounts
- Letter from client to outgoing advisors
- Prospective client - unable to act
- Prospective client - awaiting information from previous advisor
- Minutes - dividend
- Dividend voucher
- Resolution for company name change.
These are available from ACCA by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting your name and ACCA membership number.
In Practice e-magazine/Budget Guide
ACCA produces In Practice - a monthly e-magazine for its members in practice. Special Budget editions are produced that include Budget Guides that can be sent out to clients. Subscribe to In Practice.
Future proof your practice
ACCA provices many resources to help you future proof your practice. Have a look.