The ACCA Qualification is at the core of our range of qualifications. It comprises:
- exams – 14 papers (students may be able to claim up to nine exemptions depending on their previous studies)
- ethics – an online Ethics and Professional Skills module
- experience – 13 performance objectives that must be achieved in the workplace over a period of at least three years.
The ACCA Qualification is best suited to your employees who have achieved a minimum level of educational achievement, including:
- A Levels (or their equivalent)
- first degrees from recognised institutions
- the Certified Accounting Technician qualification
- the Diploma in Accounting and Business from the Foundations in Accountancy suite of qualifications
- other recognised qualifications.
The ACCA Qualification is designed to be flexible. You and your trainees can align learning with relevant work experience and plan studies around work commitments. In this way, trainees’ chances of exam success can be optimised.
Your trainees can also gain a number of qualifications as they study for the ACCA Qualification including the Diploma in Accounting and Business, the Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business and the BSc (Hons) degree in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University. This will help keep your employees on track and motivated.
Once qualified, all ACCA members are required to comply with our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements by continually maintaining an appropriate level of competence. You can play a significant role in helping ACCA members to do this by providing relevant experience and learning opportunities. You can also take advantage of a range of CPD opportunities we offer.
For further information on the ACCA Qualification, please download the document from Related documents below, or or go to How trainees register with ACCA.
Always updated, always relevant
We're constantly evolving our qualification to ensure the rigour and standards remain at the highest levels.
ACCA Qualification - the future, which brings in our redesigned professional level from September 2018, is an example of this. Find out more.