What do you need to do?
To complete PER , you will need to:
- achieve 36 months of supervised experience in a relevant accounting or finance role(s)
- complete nine performance objectives (five Essentials and four Technical)
- record your progress online in MyExperience
- have your experience signed off by a practical experience supervisor.
If you've not thought about PER yet then have a look at our PER quick guide (PDF, 85 KB) to help get you started.
The video provides an overview of PER and explains:
- the amount and type of experience you need to gain
- performance objectives
- what a practical experience supervisor is and how to choose one
- how to record your experience.
You can also read more about PER by using the links within the 'Additional PER information and support' section.
If your employer is a gold or platinum ACCA Approved Employer - trainee development stream, you may be able to claim the performance objective exemption. This means that you do not need to document completing the performance objectives in your My Experience record.
You would still be required to achieve 36 months' experience and keep a record of this in your online My Experience record.
Make sure you confirm with your employer that they have this level of approval and that they have agreed to you claiming the performance objective exemption.
Want to know more about the ACCA Approved Employer programme? Use the 'Related links' section to access more information.