Waivers are considered if you have been off work for at least one month.

Waivers for long-term and/or serious illness, maternity, paternity or adoption leave, unemployment or career breaks are granted pro rata to the length of absence.

If you have onerous caring duties, we may grant a waiver of seven verifiable units regardless of whether or not you’ve had an extended absence from work.

You can apply for a waiver in any of the following ways:

  • Online

    Log in to your myACCA account and complete an online self-declaration.

  • By completing a CPD waiver application form

    Complete the CPD waiver application form (which you can download from the ‘related downloads’ section of this page). Once you are ready to submit, send us a message upload your document. 

In each case, please tell us why you’re applying for a waiver and list the dates you were absent from work.

Please remember that you must keep documentary evidence to support your waiver application for three years.

If you hold a practising certificate, insolvency licence or are on the ACCA register of practitioners, you must submit your supporting evidence with your waiver application.

The documents we require to support your application will vary depending on your circumstances but some examples of what may be accepted are:

  • A Tax Return
  • Confirmation you receive some form of Government benefits
  • Confirmation of your maternity/paternity/adoption leave or child’s birth certificate
  • Letter of Termination from employer
  • Confirmation of medical condition
  • A document from your local tax office confirming no tax paid for the year

All supporting documentation should be officially translated into English.

Please complete your annual CPD declaration as usual, even if you’re applying for a waiver. Only members on our lifetime members register are exempt from undertaking CPD and making a declaration.