Foundations in Accountancy is a group of qualifications that build progressively:
- ACCA Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (RQF Level 2)
- ACCA Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (RQF Level 3)
- ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business (RQF Level 4)
- Certified Accounting Technician (CAT)
- The Foundation Diploma (only available in Bangladesh and Pakistan)
There are also standalone certificates that enable staff to specialise in a particular area:
- ACCA Certificate in Audit (RQF Level 4)
- ACCA Certificate in Taxation (RQF Level 4)
- ACCA Certificate in Financial Management (RQF Level 4)
Each of these qualifications requires students to take a number of exams and to complete our professionalism and ethics module, Foundations in Professionalism. This mandatory online module can be taken at any time.
For full details of the qualifications visit the Course details section.
How long can they take to complete?
ACCA qualifications, from FIA right up to the full ACCA qualification, are designed to allow maximum flexibility so that students can fit study and exams around their work and home commitments. So, there is no fixed timetable for completion. However, if a student wanted to progress as fast as possible through the FIA diplomas, they could complete all of the studying and exams in around 12-18 months.
Are exemptions available for students with relevant qualifications?
Yes. Students can claim some exemptions from some exams. Students can use our Exemptions calculator to check which exemptions may apply.
Want your team to learn the language of business? Get started here.