Foundations in Accountancy is a group of qualifications that build progressively:
- ACCA Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (RQF Level 2)
- ACCA Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (RQF Level 3)
- ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business (RQF Level 4)
- Certified Accounting Technician (CAT)
- The Foundation Diploma (only available in Bangladesh and Pakistan)
There are also standalone certificates available for you to specialise in a particular area:
- ACCA Certificate in Audit (RQF Level 4)
- ACCA Certificate in Taxation (RQF Level 4)
- ACCA Certificate in Financial Management (RQF Level 4)
Each of these qualifications requires you to take a number of exams and to complete our professionalism and ethics module, Foundations in Professionalism. You can take this online module at any time and only need to sit it once. So, for example, if you completed the Foundations in Professionalism module while studying for the ACCA Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (RQF Level 2), you won’t need to take it again when completing any further FIA qualifications.
For full details of the qualifications visit the Course details section.
How long can they take to complete?
ACCA qualifications, from FIA right up to the full ACCA qualification, are designed to allow maximum flexibility so there is no fixed timetable for completion. However, if you wanted to progress as fast as possible through the FIA diplomas, you could complete all of the studying and exams in around 12-18 months.
Can I miss out some exams if I have relevant qualifications?
Yes. You can claim some exemptions from some exams. Use our Exemptions calculator to check which exemptions you are eligible for based on your previous qualifications.
Begin your ACCA journey