Member recognition agreements for ACCA members
Accountancy is a truly global profession. To make it easier for you to access membership of other professional bodies, we’ve established member recognition agreements with a number of prestigious global accountancy bodies around the world.
AAA United Arab Emirates (UAE)
The UAE aspires to become the leading financial services centre globally. To achieve this, there is a government-led drive to develop the national accountancy profession.
To support the government’s vision, we’ve signed a long-term strategic partnership agreement with the prestigious local accountancy body of UAE - AAA (Accountants and Auditors Association) - to enhance the finance sector in the UAE by:
- sharing knowledge on key issues for the accountancy and finance professions in the UAE, the wider region and globally
- implementing a national qualification – the UAECA (United Arab Emirates Chartered Accountant)
- collaborating on research and policy which will include the publication of jointly branded reports/surveys on relevant local and global accountancy and finance topics
What this means for our members in the UAE
This partnership will enhance your recognition as a finance professional in the region with dual membership of both ACCA and AAA.
You’ll become part of an innovative network, working towards developing a leading financial centre in the UAE and the wider region.
This is a very exciting time to be part of such an influential partnership and its success relies heavily on the knowledge and experience that you can bring to help develop the profession.
Apply for AAA membership
As an ACCA member, you can apply for membership of AAA. Here’s how:
- Email your completed UAECA application form to AAA at firstname.lastname@example.org along with confirmation of your ACCA Membership (one from: scanned copy of your ACCA membership certificate/letter of good standing from us/email confirmation of your membership from us) and a copy of your passport and residence visa.
- AAA will process your application and give you an update within 21 working days.
- You can start using the UAECA designation as soon as you’re admitted to the AAA and should receive your membership certificate within six weeks.
AAA membership application form (PDF, 208kb)
CA Australia and New Zealand
In June 2016 we announced a strategic alliance with the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
The alliance brings together the resources of the largest global professional accountancy body with one of the world’s pre-eminent CA bodies and by sharing expertise across geographies and sectors the alliance will create a stronger voice on behalf of its members.
As part of the alliance we have signed a Reciprocal Membership Agreement (RMA) with Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ). This paves the way for members of each organisation to join and benefit from the other.
Applying for membership
If you’re a member of CA ANZ and want to apply for membership of ACCA, download an application form (PDF format 52kb)
If you’re an ACCA member, please visit the CA ANZ website to apply for membership of CA ANZ
CA ANZ members
If you’ve been admitted as a Chartered Accountant Australia and New Zealand, who is in good standing and completed five years' relevant post-qualification experience you are eligible for direct admission to ACCA membership.
Along with the completed membership form you are required to submit:
- A letter from CA ANZ confirming that you are a member in good standing, having achieved membership by completing the professional education/ examinations and practical experience requirement. This letter should also state your date of admission to membership of CA ANZ and confirm that you have fully complied with Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements
- Two references which can attest to your professional competence and suitability for membership of ACCA
- A personal statement with third party verification of activities contributing to the professional life, the community, your membership body or ACCA
For more information on this agreement
CA ANZ members - download an application form (PDF format 52kb)
HKICPA Hong Kong
In 2020, we renewed our existing Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) with the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA). The renewed agreement will be in force until 30 June 2025.
The MRA outlines how our members and HKICPA can join the other body. It covers students who enrolled in ACCA on or after 16 August 2004 and applies to our members who qualified in the UK and Hong Kong.
Transition arrangements for students who enrolled earlier have been agreed separately.
We’ve signed a Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) with The Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA). This paves the way for members of each organisation to join and benefit from the other. Both institutions have also joined forces to work on strengthening the Malaysian accountancy profession.
MICPA is an established professional accountancy body with a reputation for technical excellence, with more than 3,200 members and over 500 students pursuing the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification.
To enjoy membership of both organisations,
Who have completed:
- our qualification exams; and
- five years' relevant professional experience post admittance to membership, including
- at least three of which have been in Malaysia
should pass an interview with the MICPA Membership Admission Panel.
who’ve been admitted as Certified Public Accountant members, and completed five years' relevant professional experience post admittance to membership, are eligible for direct admission to ACCA membership.
For more information on this agreement
- ACCA members - please refer to the ‘related links’ on this page
- MICPA members - please refer to the ‘related downloads’ section, where you can download the direct admission application form
ACCA admission form (PDF, 81kb)
FAQ's on admission to ACCA (PDF, 49kb)