It is difficult, these days, to read the news and not find stories involving serious problems which have suddenly struck particular enterprises. The cause may have been external to the enterprise (such as a natural disaster like earthquakes or floods) or internal (such as a failure to comply with regulations, or issues with quality control).
Whatever the cause you are left to wonder why top management were not aware of the possibility so that they could take evasive action – or at least be in a position to react quickly and positively when the problem arose.
This course looks at the context in which the concept of risk management has developed, the sort of infrastructure and processes it requires, and the impact it has on traditional control systems. It also looks at some of the problems which have made national and international news.
This course will enable you to:
- understand the concept of risk management
- identify the impact risk management has on a company
- understand the processes required for risk management to be put in place
- develop an understanding of the Bribery Act and its implications
- use recent risk management disasters to help avoid future problems
- manage the effects of extreme events on a business.
- learn at your own pace
- help meet your annual CPD requirements
- develop your own learning needs
- iPad/Android compatible
- exclusive member benefit – 10% discount.
Accountingcpd work with leading industry specialists to develop bespoke CPD courses.
Disclaimer: This course is available for ACCA members, you may need your ACCA membership number to complete your booking. This course and outline is provided by a third-party course provider. All course bookings are subject to the terms and conditions set by the course provider. Please see individual supplier pages for full terms and conditions. ACCA takes no liability for bookings made with third-party suppliers.
- 4 hours
- 120 days' access
- 75 GBP (exc. VAT)
You will be redirected to an external website for booking.