The ACCA Australia & New Zealand headquarters are based in Sydney.
Please visit our Living and Working microsite for information to help you adjust and find your feet in Australia and New Zealand.
Register as a student
You can register to become an ACCA student online at any time of the year.
Please review the ACCA exam registration timetable to ensure you register in time for the ACCA exam sitting you wish to start taking exams at.
Exemptions for Australian or New Zealand degrees
Holders of recognised Australian or New Zealand Bachelor degrees may be eligible for exemption from part or all nine papers from the Fundamental level of the ACCA Qualification. There are no exemptions offered for the Professional level.
Visit ACCA’s exemption enquiry database to view details on the exemptions offered to degrees and universities locally and globally.
If your qualification does not appear on the exemptions enquiry database, or the exemptions listed are out of date, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a scanned copy of your finalised academic transcript for review.
Regular exam centres
There are regular examination centres in Sydney and Melbourne, Australia and Auckland, New Zealand.
Please visit the exams section of the site for a full list of examination centres
Special exam centres
- It is possible however to arrange paper-based exams at centres other than the regular centres. These are referred to as 'special centres'. Requests for special centres should be sent in writing, together with your exam entry form, via email to ACCA's Examinations Department Exams Operations Service at least 5 months prior to the exam sessions.
- Students in Australia currently sit ACCA exams in special examination centres in Adelaide, Brisbane, and Perth. In New Zealand students can submit a request in writing to the exams department via email to Exam.Operations@accaglobal.com by the early entry closing date to sit ACCA exams in special examination centres in Wellington, New Plymouth, Christchurch, Dunedin and Queenstown.
- ACCA will consider other centres across Australia and New Zealand too. If you would like to know if it is possible to sit ACCA exams in cities, other than those listed above, please contact us via email at Exam.Operations@accaglobal.com
Studying for ACCA in Australia & New Zealand
We have partnered up with several universities in Australia & New Zealand to deliver the face-to-face learning options. Students can now study for their ACCA qualification as part of their postgraduate degrees.
ACCA’s global publishers Kaplan and BPP both offer comprehensive and localised learning materials and online learning options to suit your learning needs and style.
- Kaplan Publishing: visit the Kaplan Publishing website
- BPP Learning Materials: visit the BPP Professional Education website
You can purchase BPP Learning Media’s ACCA textbooks, revision and support material from Footprint Books based in Australia.
Students can also FREE shipping by inputting the code ACCA76.
ACCA online support
For resources specific to each ACCA Qualification paper, visit the Qualification Resource section to prepare and achieve examination success.
- Syllabus and study guides: to help you plan your study and to provide detailed information on what could be assessed in any examination session;
- Past papers: to prepare you for the types of questions you might face so that you can practise sitting an ACCA examination paper;
- Examiner reports: learn more about how the examiners felt students approached previous examinations; where they did well and where and how they could have performed better;
- Technical articles: on key examinable topics to support your study
Reading lists: additional sources of information to broaden the scope of your learning.
All ACCA students are welcome to join the ACCA Online Learning Community and get connected with other students around the globe. The community provides tips and support including learning resources, study groups and exam papers.