Chartered Manager (CMgr) Award
Accountants are important leaders in business. To fully progress your career and enhance your employability you should continue to develop your technical competence, strategic vision and leadership skills.
To help fulfil your management and leadership development needs, we have partnered with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) to promote the benefits of CMI membership to our members.
ACCA members are eligible for both CMI membership and CMI’s qualified route to gaining the Chartered Manager (CMgr) award.
ACCA member benefit
- ACCA members who apply to become a CMgr will benefit from a 50% reduction in the annual membership fee
- you’ll receive recognition for the management development already undertaken as part of your ACCA qualification.
Ready to start your application?
What is Chartered Manager?
Chartered Manager (CMgr) is the highest management qualification, and is awarded by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). Chartered manager recognises your professional management and leadership experience.
Chartered Managers are consistent high performers, committed to current best practice and ethical standards. CMgr is recognised by both the public and private sector as the highest status that can be achieved in the managerial profession.
How to become a Chartered Manager?
You could become a Chartered Manager in as little as six weeks. Here’s how it works:
- Complete a brief online application, choose your preferred assessment method (written or professional discussion) and pay the application fee by credit or debit card
- CMI will then send you an assessment form and assign an assessor
- Complete the assessment form, with advice from your CMI assessor
- Complete a formal interview by telephone
- CMI will verify your evidence with your line manager/colleague and then confirm your result
- You have 12 months to complete the assessment process, but could become a Chartered Manager within six weeks.
View the following webinar series for an in-depth discussion on becoming chartered and the application process.
Live webinar: 11 July 2017 11.00 BST
What is the cost?
Written submission route
Assessment fee 295GBP Asessment fee
VAT 59GBP VAT 59GBP 50% discounted membership fee 85GBP 50% discounted membership fee 100GBP
Professional discussion route
Assessment fee 495GBP Assessment fee 495GBP VAT 99GBP VAT 99GBP 50% membership discounted fee 85GBP 50% membership discounted fee 100GBP
Membership renewal - including 50% discount
Prices valid as of 1 April 2017.
CMI will support you with every step of your application, so please get in touch if you need help and advice. Please reference ACCA qualified route.
Tel: +44 (0) 1536 207429
Become a Chartered Manager – management and leadership development for ACCA members
11 July 2017 11.00 AM BST. You are invited to attend a webinar that will set out how as an ACCA member you can benefit from an innovative partnership between ACCA and CMI, the only chartered professional body dedicated to excellence in management and leadership development. The webinar will explain how this works, how you can benefit, and what to do next to take advantage of the scheme.