Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
How do I obtain a CA ANZ membership?
Step 1: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants Member body Membership Pre-Qualifications
- You must be a current full member in good standing of the ACCA
- You must have gained membership through the standard examination pathway
- You must have been a full ACCA member for at least 5 years
Step 2: Apply for Special Admission to full CA ANZ Membership
Access and complete the application form available on the CA ANZ website.
Can I continue to study ACCA in Australia and New Zealand?
Yes, you can certainly continue your studies towards the ACCA Qualification while you are residing in Australia.
ACCA has partnered up with major universities in Australia and New Zealand to provide you with face to face study options, these are available at Macquarie University, Griffith University and Deakin University. You can also request a list of testing locations within the ANZ by emailing email@example.com.
Are there any schools that will accept my ACCA qualification towards an MBA?
As an ACCA member, you could be eligible for up to 6 credits points towards your Deakin MBA degree – this means you’re already halfway through completing your MBA.
Deakin’s MBA is one of the most highly regarded in Australia. Renowned for its flexibility and industry connections, it is designed for busy professionals seeking career development while balancing work and lifestyle commitments. Deakin’s online MBA program is currently ranked in the top 25, globally. Click here to learn more.
Are you able to help me obtain a work visa for ANZ?
As part of the Global Accounting Alliance (GAA) we have reciprocal agreements with our strategic partner CAANZ pathways, see below:
If you are applying for a full (permanent) skills assessment, you will need:
- an Australian Bachelor degree or 12 unit accredited Australian Master degree; or
- an overseas qualification comparable to at least the level of an Australian Bachelor degree to have successfully completed all mandatory competency areas that are relevant to your nominated occupation to provide evidence that you have met the English language proficiency requirement.
Provisional skills assessment criteria
If you are applying for a provisional (Subclass 485 visa) skills assessment, you will need:
- an Australian Bachelor degree or 12 unit accredited Australian Master degree in accounting or relevant field;
- to have successfully completed all mandatory competency areas that are relevant to your nominated occupation to provide evidence that you have met the English language proficiency requirement.
I recently moved to Australia or New Zealand. How do I get access to local events and information?
We are happy to have you added to our local member database once you have made the transition to make sure you are included in future chapter events. Please update your details on your myACCA login alternatively, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.