What is FM about?
Financial Management provides you with the skills required to effectively manage the finance function of an organisation.
Steps to success
- If possible, study with an approved learning partner and use approved content
- Study the whole syllabus
- Practice exam style and standard questions, to time, using the ACCA Practice Platform
- Develop your skills in answering constructed response questions
- Ensure you are competent working in the computer-based exam environment
- Attempt at least two full exams under exam conditions, debrief your answers, then focus your revision on weaker areas.
Tackling the exam
Section A (30 marks)
- 15 objective test (OT) questions, each worth two marks
Section B (30 marks)
- Three OT cases, each containing a scenario with five OT questions worth two marks each, 10 marks per case
Tips for answering OT questions
- Read the question carefully
- Think before answering, don’t rush!
- Answer all questions even if unsure of the answer.
Section C (40 marks)
- Two scenarios which relate to one or more requirement(s)
Tips for answering Section C questions
- Plan your answer
- Answer the requirement directly
- Refer to the scenario
- Break your answer up with headings
- Be clear and concise, but ensure you develop each point in your answer
- Attempt all parts of all questions.