The Oxford Brookes Global MBA begins with an induction programme to ensure that you understand fully the rigours of MBA study and to equip you with the key study skills required to succeed.
You will be encouraged to take stock of your career up to this point, undertaking an honest self-audit, in which you appraise your personal development and professional career path.
There is a range of core compulsory modules:
- Personal and Professional Development (includes induction, programme support and summative action plan)
- Critical Approaches to Business
- Global Business Environment
- Developing Leadership Capability
- Market Supply and Analysis
- Entrepreneurial Behaviours and Practices
- Global Strategy and Innovation
- Integrated Workshop 1 (residential four day workshop)
- Integrated Workshop 2 (residential four day workshop)
- Final MBA Project
The Personal and Professional Development module begins in your induction, during which you prepare a Personal and Professional Development Journal. The module culminates in an assessed Action Plan for your career development. The Critical Approaches to Business module helps you develop the critical thinking and research skills needed for MBA study.
After the core modules, you choose one elective modules which enable you to follow a specialist pathway through the MBA.
For the final stage of your programme you choose an MBA project. This can be a dissertation, an individual consultancy project, a group consultancy project or a business start-up plan.* This final project connects the knowledge and expertise you have gained throughout the programme and gives you the opportunity to pursue an area of interest in depth.
*To choose the business start-up plan you will need to have completed the elective Planning for New Business Ventures.