Internal audit and the NED
Non executive directors (NEDs) - particularly those who sit on the audit committee - play a key role in ensuring that an organisation manages its risk.
Internal audit provides the audit committee with information on the effectiveness of risk management, internal control systems and corporate governance processes so a strong relationship between internal audit and NEDs is important. It is not surprising that many internal auditors consider a role as a NED at some point in their career. These resources will help you consider whether a NED role could be part of your career - we will be adding more resources over time.
- What is the role of the Non-Executive Director?
- Making the transition from internal audit to a NED
- Where angels fear...internal audit and board effectiveness
- Changing the Chemistry - an organisation that aims to increase diversity on all types of Boards
- Effective communications - conversations with NEDs