About this course
Don’t have a business background but want to understand how people and systems of an organisation interact with the world and each other?
This business and finance course will help you understand business in the context of its environment, including economic, legal, and regulatory influences on such aspects as governance, employment, health and safety, data protection and security.
Building on your knowledge, this course will:
- Prepare you to take the ACCA Business and Technology (BT/FBT) exam
- Explore the purpose and types of businesses and more about how the external environment impact them
- Investigate business organisation structure, functions and the role of corporate governance
- Teach you how accountancy and audit support effective financial management and communication
- Introduce the vital role of professional ethics and professional values in all aspects of business
What you'll learn
- types of businesses, their purposes, and their interactions with stakeholders and the external environment
- business organisational structure, functions and the role of corporate governance
- the function of accountancy and audit
- the principles of authority, leadership and team management
- personal effectiveness as the basis for effective team and organisational behaviour
- upholding professional ethics and professional values in business.
Related ACCA exam
Our ACCA-X course Business and Technology prepares you to take Business and Technology (BT/FBT) when you register as an ACCA student.
Related ACCA award
Find out about related ACCA exams and awards, and how you achieve them.