Designed for people who are just starting out on their business education journeys, FIA is the ideal way to gain an understanding of how business finance works and to open up new career possibilities – both in finance and beyond.
If you are working in or interested in a finance-related role, FIA will give you the technical knowledge you need to perform your role and advance your career. It will also give you a head start towards further finance and accounting qualifications, including the prestigious and globally recognised ACCA Qualification.
- Learn the universal language of business
- Gain qualifications from a recognised global leader in financial education
- Enhance your employability with skills and knowledge that employers value
- Flexible options – choose which exams you want to sit, how you want to study and progress at the pace that suits you
- Open to everyone – there are no academic entry requirements
- Potential for rapid progress: you can complete the FIA group of exams in 12-18 months
- Get a headstart on full ACCA Qualification
- Entry route to a career in finance and accounting.
ACCA’s Foundations in Accountancy (FIA) is a group of qualifications that will give you a solid understanding of the fundamentals of financial management and reporting and enable you to speak the language of business.
There are no minimum entry requirements for FIA. However, we recommend you start at Level 2 if you have no formal qualifications, especially if it’s been a while since you completed any studies. FIA begins at GCSE level (Level 2), or equivalent, and progresses up to the equivalent of the first year of a bachelor's degree (Level 4).
The FIA qualifications include:
- ACCA Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (RQF Level 2)
- ACCA Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (RQF Level 3)
- ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business (RQF Level 4)
- Certified Accounting Technician (CAT)
- The Foundation Diploma (only available in Bangladesh and Pakistan)
Also available as standalone certificates:
- ACCA Certificate in Audit (RQF Level 4)
- ACCA Certificate in Taxation (RQF Level 4)
- ACCA Certificate in Financial Management (RQF Level 4)
If you are interested in a career outside of finance, FIA is still a great way to add to your business skillset. Whatever your role and in whichever sector, once you have an understanding of how financial information is recorded and interpreted, you will be in a much better position to contribute to decision-making and to influence business outcomes. You’ll also be able to show your employers – present and future – that you know how finance works and that you are equipped to help them address business challenges.