What is TX about?
Taxation provides you with the skills required to compute
tax liabilities and apply basic tax planning techniques for
individuals and companies.
Steps to success
- If possible, study with an approved learning partner and use approved content
- Study the whole syllabus
- Practice exam style and standard questions, to time, using the ACCA Practice Platform
- Develop your skills in answering constructed response questions
- Practice using CBE functionality appropriately
- Attempt at least two full exams under exam conditions, debrief your answers, then focus your revision on weaker areas.
Tackling the exam
Section A (30 marks)
- 15 multiple-choice questions (MCQ), each worth two marks.
Tips for answering MCQ questions
- Read the question and scenario carefully
- Answer all questions
Section B (70 marks)
- Four constructed response questions worth 10 marks each; and
- Two constructed response questions worth 15 marks each
Tips for answering Section B questions
- Allocate 18 minutes to each 10-mark question
- Always read the requirement(s) first
- Focus on a well-structured layout
- Present all workings
- Make clear statements for narrative answers and avoid repetition
- Attempt all requirements.