Member network panel elections 2020
Connect, inspire and influence.
Volunteering as a panel member with ACCA
Volunteering is an incredibly rewarding and enriching experience!
We are calling on you to join over 350 other ACCA members who volunteer as a member network panel member. They make it their mission to engage with and help over 80,000 like-minded professionals across the UK. Together, we are helping ACCA to become the #1 in developing the accountancy profession the world needs.
There are 43 regional and sector-specific network panels that you could choose to stand for election to. Regional networks allow members to meet and collaborate on a local basis, while sector-specific networks focus on matters in different business sectors and meet in London.
We are looking for volunteers to help ACCA create member communities, build connections and promote the qualification and the profession across all sectors and regions of the UK.
The role provides opportunities for you to work with ACCA as a business, gaining a greater understanding of your professional body, while developing your professional network and personal profile.
We ask you to be involved in quarterly update and planning sessions where you will share your expertise, knowledge and contacts to decide on the best way to promote ACCA and the qualification. You will also have the opportunity to get involved in the delivery of the webinars, speak at public meetings and write articles, blogs or social media posts if you so wished.
You will act as an ambassador for ACCA, who will:
- Connect - build connections with employers, learning providers, local businesses and professionals from other bodies
- Give back - share knowledge, insight and ideas with other panel members and ACCA
- Advise - act as the ‘eyes and ears’ of ACCA on emerging issues in your sector or region
- Inform - contribute to and implement ACCA’s strategy in the UK
- Influence - help us lobby on your behalf by contributing your thoughts to consultation papers, specialist roundtables and ACCA research
- Inspire - be an advocate for ACCA and the accounting profession
- Shape - help develop products and services which will benefit members.
Elected panel members serve a maximum three year term. You may stand for re-election twice, serving a maximum term of nine years. As a minimum, we ask you to be involved in quarterly update and planning sessions where you will share your expertise, knowledge and contacts to decide on the best way to promote ACCA and the qualification.
Together with other activities outside of the panel meetings we ask you to commit to a minimum involvement of 15 hours per year.
"I joined panel soon after qualifying as it gave me an opportunity to engage with other ACCAs in my area; significantly strengthening my professional network, giving me the chance to learn from more experienced members and share my expertise with others."- Sarah Pumfrett, Internal Audit network panel