Guide to... chargeable gains for companies

Capital gains for limited companies and unincorporated associations (eg clubs and co-operatives) are dealt with through corporation tax and are referred to as chargeable gains. The total chargeable gains are included in the corporation tax return and taxed along with your business profits, using the corporation tax rate (rather than a separate capital gains tax)