What is PM about?
Performance Management provides you with the skills required to apply management accounting techniques to information for planning, decision-making, performance evaluation and control.
Steps to success
- If possible, study with an approved learning partner and with approved learning content
- Study the whole syllabus
- Ensure you understand methods rather than just focusing on how to do the calculations
- Practice exam style and standard questions, to time, using the ACCA Practice Platform
- Develop your skills in answering constructed response questions
- Attempt at least two full exams under exam conditions, debrief your answers, then focus your revision on weaker areas.
Tackling the exam
Section A (30 marks)
- 15 objective test (OT) questions, each worth 2 marks.
Section B (30 marks)
- Three OT cases with five OT questions worth 2 marks each, 10 marks per case.
Tips for answering OT questions
- Read the question and scenario carefully
- Adhere to the rounding instructions for “Fill in the Blank” questions
- Answer all questions.
Section C (40 marks)
- Two scenarios which relate to one or more requirement(s).
Tips for answering Section C questions
- Be strict in allocating 36 minutes to each question
- Always read the requirement(s) first
- Approach numerical questions logically
- Show all workings – do not simply “plug” results of calculations
- Structure narrative answers around an answer plan
- Use headings, clear paragraphs and concise sentences
- Attempt all requirements.