The 9th International Public Sector Conference was held in Prague on 28 February – 1 March 2019. It featured leading public sector speakers at the top of the profession and brought together over 200 senior public sector finance professionals from across the globe.
Key topics covered included:
- financially sustainable methods of funding infrastructure - including the launch of a flagship new report on Bridging the Infrastructure Gap
- financial reporting, public financial management and the implementation of international standards
- the role of accountants in tackling fraud, corruption and serious organised crime
- innovating the public sector in the digital age
- the role of supreme audit institutions in delivering a sustainable public sector.
The conference will featured contributions from leading figures in the accountancy profession, including Tomáš Vyhnánek (Deputy Minister, Ministry of Finance of the Czech Republic), Pamela Monroe-Ellis (Auditor General, Jamaica), Stephen Walker (President, Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand), Mike Driver (Head of the Government Finance Function, UK Civil Service), Thomas Müller-Marqués Berger (Chair, Accountancy Europe Public Sector Panel) and Anthony Mkpe Ayine (Auditor General, Nigeria).