How to apply for help
Members from all over the world can apply for financial assistance.
Many members in different situations have benefitted from the Benevolent Fund. During the last 18 months the Benevolent Fund has helped in the following situations:
- Covid-related grants where members have lost their jobs or incurred medical costs.
- A member suffering from cancer was given a monthly grant to help with ongoing medical costs.
- A member whose young daughter had a severe physical condition was given a grant to help fund a life-changing operation.
- A member who had a brain tumour which affected her sight was awarded a grant for a document reader to allow her to continue to work.
- A member who had suffered domestic abuse from her spouse was awarded a grant to help pay for legal costs to get a divorce.
- A member who had to temporarily give up work to care for her daughter who suffered from mental health issues was given a monthly grant to supplement her income.
If you yourself need assistance or know of anyone who does, please get in touch. We review every application sympathetically.
Application forms can be downloaded, requested in writing or by telephone.
You can download an application form and guidelines from the ‘related downloads’ section of this page, request one in writing or by email from:
110 Queen Street
Alternatively, call +44 (0)141 534 4045 and leave a message for Hugh McCash.