This report updates ACCA’s policy positions on a range of themes for public services.
It sets out ACCA’s policies for members, governments, employers and a wide range of external stakeholders with an interest in public services.
- sets out criteria for achieving good governance that take into account both the ‘hard’ factors of systems, procedures and audit and the ‘soft’ factors relating to developing a strong ethical culture
- sets out criteria for achieving effective public financial management
- demonstrates the importance of the quality of information available (both financial and service delivery) to help inform decision-making
- sets out criteria for effective performance management
- highlights the relevant key skills for finance professionals.