ACCA signed a Strategic Partnership Agreement with the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) to support the Malaysian government's aim to increase the number of qualified accountants in Malaysia.
The agreement was renewed on 21 April 2021 to provide an incentivised pathway for eligible MIA members to obtain the ACCA membership. This special pathway is in force until 23 May 2024.
Enjoy an accelerated pathway and other benefits
ACCA will provide a blanket exemption of nine papers from the ACCA Qualification. These exemptions are listed as follows:
- BT Business and Technology
- MA Management Accounting
- FA Financial Accounting
- LW Corporate and Business Law
- PM Performance Management
- TX Taxation
- FR Financial Reporting
- AA Audit and Assurance
- FM Financial Management
Waivers of exemption and initial registration fees
ACCA will waive the exemption fees for nine papers (from Applied Knowledge and Applied Skills) and initial registration fee, worth at least GBP1031 (approximately RM6,000, depending on the current exchange rates).
What do you need to do?
Eligible MIA members are only required to complete four Strategic Professional exams and the Ethics and Professional Skills Module (EPSM) to obtain the ACCA Qualification.
Strategic Professional (Essentials)
- SBL Strategic Business Leader
- SBR Strategic Business Reporting
Professional Options (select two)
- AFM Advanced Financial Management
- APM Advanced Performance Management
- ATX Advanced Taxation
- AAA Advanced Audit and Assurance
Ethics and Professional Skills Module (EPSM)
You are encouraged to complete this before attempting Strategic Professional exams.
Apply for ACCA membership
- Upon passing the 4 exams and completion of the EPSM, you will need to obtain the latest Letter of Good Standing from MIA and apply for the ACCA membership via your myACCA portal*
- Your existing 3 years of experience in a relevant role (finance and accounting) obtained via MIA CARE route will be counted towards the ACCA Practical Experience Requirement (PER)*
*applies only to students registered after 18 May 2018
MIA members in good standing who do not hold a professional accountancy qualification and are registered as Chartered Accountants (CA) with MIA at the time of the signing of this agreement, and candidates who successfully register as MIA members whilst this agreement is in force.
* Selection criteria applies
How to apply (for new students only)
- Be prepared with clear scanned copies of your MIA certificate, latest letter of good standing from MIA and your NRIC
- Proceed to register for ACCA online at http://www.accaglobal.com/applynow
- Input all information and upload all documents according to the steps. Ensure files are less than 5MBs in size
- Input the code MIA in the code section under Payment & Summary tab. Press Apply code
- You will receive an email confirmation with your registration number and a note that your application is being processed.
- Once you are successfully registered as an ACCA student, you can then start to register for the Strategic Professional examination(s) via your myACCA account.
Further information and enquiries
Please drop us a line at email@example.com and explore our website for more information or resources to support your journey.