Taking your ACCA exams is part of your journey towards becoming an ACCA professional accountant and we therefore expect you to act in a professional manner when taking your exams.
The following regulations apply to students sitting paper based and computer-based exams, as well as those taking internally-assessed ACCA courses.
1. You are required to adhere at all times to the examination regulations and guidelines below. If you are found to be in breach of any of these regulations or fail to adhere to the guidelines below, you may become liable to disciplinary action which could result in your removal from the student register.
2. You are required to comply in all respects with any instructions issued by the exam supervisor/s, invigilator/s and any ACCA personnel before, during and at the conclusion of an exam.
3. You may not attempt to deceive the exam supervisor/s, invigilator/s and any ACCA personnel by giving false or misleading information.
4. You are not permitted during the exam to possess, use or attempt to use any written materials except those expressly permitted in the guidelines below. These are known as ‘unauthorised materials’.
5. You are not permitted to use or attempt to use during the course of the exam any communication, photographic or electronic device other than an electronic calculator (where permitted). These are known as ‘unauthorised items’.
6. If you breach exam regulation 4 and the ‘unauthorised materials’ are relevant to the syllabus being examined, and or you use or attempt to use any unauthorised item or items in breach of regulation 5 above it will be assumed that you intended to use it or them to gain an unfair advantage in the exam. In any subsequent disciplinary proceedings, you will have to prove that you did not breach regulations 4 and/or 5 to gain an unfair advantage in the exam.
7. You (irrespective of if you are a licensed weapon holder) are not allowed to attend your exam with a weapon. If you are found to have a weapon in your possession you will be excluded from the exam without any reimbursement.
8. You are required to comply with the ruling of supervisor/s, invigilator/s and any ACCA personnel. They are obliged to report any cases of irregularity or improper conduct to ACCA. They are also empowered to discontinue your exam if you are suspected of misconduct and to exclude you from the exam room.
9. You may not engage in any improper conduct designed to assist you in your exam attempt or provide any improper assistance to any other exam entrant in their exam attempt.
10. If you are sitting paper-based examinations, you are not permitted to remove either your candidate answer booklet(s) or your question paper from the exam room. All candidate answer booklets remain the property of ACCA. If you are taking a computer- based exam you are not permitted to remove any working papers issued to you. All exam working papers remain the property of ACCA. You must not copy, photograph or reproduce in any manner exam questions. You are also strictly prohibited from distributing or seeking to exploit for commercial gain unauthorised copies of exam questions.
11. You must not seek to gain an unfair advantage in the exam (whether by breaching an exam regulation or otherwise).
12. Candidates must not talk to, or attempt to communicate with, other candidates during the exam under any circumstances.
13. You must not attempt to obtain and/or obtain your examination results prior to ACCA’s official published results release date.