Business and Technology teaches students how businesses operate effectively, efficiently and ethically and will show the critical role finance professionals play in achieving this.
Students will understand business in the context of its environment, including economic, legal and regulatory influences on aspects like governance, employment, health and safety, data protection and security.
Exam learning highlights
Students will learn:
- the purpose and types of businesses, and their interactions with stakeholders and the external environment
- the business organisation structure, functions and the role of corporate governance
- the function of accountancy and audit
- the principles of authority, leadership and team management
- why personal effectiveness is the basis for effective team and organisational behaviour
- why upholding professional ethics and professional values in business is important.
How students will benefit
Use our career navigator to find out what skills are linked to Business and Technology.
Exam support available
To maximise their chances of success in the exam, we recommend students arrange tuition with one of our approved learning partners. Find tuition.
ACCA also provide online tuition for the Applied Knowledge exams, which is available through our award-winning ACCA-X platform.
Finally, students can use our supported study resources alongside face-to-face or online tuition.