Member reduced subscriptions
Need a little help? ACCA offers two categories of reduced subscriptions:
Extended leave subscription
You may qualify for an extended leave subscription if you earn less than 8,000 GBP, if applying for a 2021 subscription reduction, or 12,000 GBP if applying for a 2022 subscription reduction, and you're not in active employment by being in one of the following categories:
- are raising a family full-time or are a full-time carer;
- have re-entered full-time education;
- are experiencing long-term unemployment;
- are suffering a prolonged illness that’s prevented you from seeking employment;
- have left accountancy to pursue a religious vocation.
This is available to our members who are in employment and earn less than 8,000 GBP, if applying for a 2021 subscription reduction, or 12,000 GBP if applying for a 2022 subscription reduction. Applications are currently open for the current subscription year, applications for the following year can be made from September onwards. If your application is accepted your fees will be adjusted accordingly on your account and a confirmation email will be sent to you. Any application which is accepted in advance for the following year will reflect the Reduced rate from January onwards.
To continue to be eligible for reduced subscriptions, you'll have to apply annually.
Applying for a reduced subscription:
If you’d like to apply for a reduced subscription please go to myACCA. You’ll be asked to submit evidence documents to confirm you earn less than 8,000 GBP, if applying for a 2021 subscription reduction, or 12,000 GBP if applying for a 2022 subscription reduction. Your supporting evidence helps us to fully assess your circumstances. The documents we require will vary depending on your circumstances but some examples of what may be accepted are:
- A Tax Return
- Confirmation you receive some form of Government benefits
- Letter of Termination from employer
- A document from your local tax office confirming no tax paid for the year
- Confirmation of salary from employer e.g. a payslip
But if you have documents which fall into another category please feel free to upload them and we will advise accordingly.
Please also note that:
- All documents should be officially translated into English if the original is in another language
- All documents should be no more than 3 years old. If they are older please obtain more recent information before submitting your application
- Bank statements cannot be accepted as evidence
If you have any questions please contact us.