Stress is becoming more common as a cause of sickness absence. Managing stress in the workplace can be sensitive, difficult and time-consuming for managers. It can be linked to high levels of staff turnover and can impact on the everyday running of an organisation.
Having the knowledge and confidence to manage the stress levels of your employees and ensuring that you tackle any issues at the earliest opportunity, should lead to a better working environment for everyone and reduce the risk of stress-related legal claims.
On completion of this course, you will have a greater understanding of:
- the key legal and practical issues surrounding ‘stress in the workplace’ from an employment law angle
- what stress is
- the two mains areas of concern for managers, unfair dismissal and disability discrimination
- bullying and harassment in the workplace
- how to deal with employees who raise grievances during the process of dealing with stress in the workplace
- implementing strategies for improving stress levels in the workplace and reducing stress related sickness absence.
Course author - Nicola Howe
Nicola Howe has practised employment law with large commercial firms for nearly 20 years. She regularly writes and presents courses on a wide variety of employment law topics. She is a member of the Law Society and the Employment Lawyers Association.
- learn at your own pace
- help meet your annual CPD requirements
- develop your own learning needs.
BPP is a leading provider of online technical CPD for accounting professionals.
Disclaimer: This course is available for ACCA members, you may need your ACCA membership number to complete your booking. This course and outline is provided by a third-party course provider. All course bookings are subject to the terms and conditions set by the course provider. Please see individual supplier pages for full terms and conditions. ACCA takes no liability for bookings made with third-party supplier.
- 1.5 hour
- 12 months' access
- 45 GBP (exc VAT)
You will be redirected to an external website for booking.