There has been a significant increase in the set-up of owner managed businesses (OMBs) in recent years. Whether they are sole traders, limited companies, or partnerships the rules around set up, management and ultimately disposal of OMBs are wide ranging and complex. It is our job, as accountants, to support clients through the complexity and to ultimate success in their chosen business.
This course provides an overview of owner managed businesses. It guides you through various tax, incorporation and income issues encountered at different stages of a business's life - from set up to disposal. The course also helps you advise on decisions such as when incorporation is a suitable option or, whether selling or passing it on to the next generation is best for your client's situation.
This course will enable you to:
- get to grips with the basics of owner managed businesses (OMBs)
- handle issues related to business growth such as capital expenditure and VAT registration
- advise on when and how incorporation becomes a sensible option
- ensure your clients generate profit in a tax efficient way
- offer support on whether to sell a business or pass it on to the "next generation".
- now with personalised course notes to download and keep
- help meet your annual CPD requirements
- develop your own learning needs
- iPad/Android compatible
- exclusive member benefit – 10% discount.
Helping accountants grow
Disclaimer: This course is available for ACCA members, you may need your ACCA membership number to complete your booking. This course and outline is provided by a third-party course provider. All course bookings are subject to the terms and conditions set by the course provider. Please see individual supplier pages for full terms and conditions. ACCA takes no liability for bookings made with third-party suppliers.
- 4 hours
- 120 days' access
- 75 GBP (exc. VAT)
- ACCA members receive 10% discount
- using code ACCA101
You will be redirected to an external website for booking.