Presenting an opportunity for Africa members and finance professionals to weigh in on the critical conversations that will shape global financial reporting standards to support businesses and effectively manage growth
- The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and ACCA are consulting with Africa Members on the revision to the IFRS for SMEs.
- The SME sector is essential to the future economic growth of African countries being a key contributor to employment. For example large economies like Nigeria and South Africa have SMEs accounting for around 90% of businesses.
- This webinar therefore presents an opportunity for Africa members and finance professionals to weigh in on the critical conversations that will shape global financial reporting standards to support businesses and effectively manage growth
Bruce Mackenzie is a member of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB). Mr Mackenzie is from Johannesburg in South Africa and has more than two decades of technical accounting experience.
He is also the Managing Director of W.Consulting —an international firm providing advisory and technological solutions to companies applying IFRS Standards—where he has held the position of managing director since 2006.
He is a chartered accountant and registered auditor in South Africa. He chairs the Pan African Federation of Accountants’ technical standard-setters forum and has been a member of the Financial Reporting Standards Council of South Africa. Mr Mackenzie has previously been a member of the IFRS Foundation’s IFRS for SMEs Implementation Group and the IFRS Advisory Council.
- Jane Ohadike, Regional Head of Policy, Africa
- Jamil Ampomah Africa Director
- Richard Martin- ACCA Head of Reporting, UK
- Femi Wright- Managing Partner, Wyze Associates Nigeria
- Rita Amarquay- Audit Manager, PKF Ghana
- Clensy Appavoo & Rizwan Permessur- Senior Partner, and Audit Manager at HLB Mauritius
- Geoffrey Injeni- Faculty/Consultant at Strathmore Business School Kenya
- Sintayehu Demissie- Board Member, Accounting & Auditing Board of Ethiopia
- 1.5 hours
- to watch
Email enquiries to: