HMRC enquiries and investigations are not to be taken lightly. They are an important part of your role as a finance professional, and mistakes can cost both you, your company or your clients, more than just money.
This course looks at how HMRC handle routine enquiries into self-assessment returns, through to full blown investigations into a taxpayer's affairs. It outlines current law and practice, and guides participants through HMRC procedures, pinpointing the role and responsibilities of the taxpayer, and their agent.
This course will enable you to:
- deal with HMRC enquiries and investigations
- understand HMRC’s powers, the different types of investigations and why an investigation might be opened
- negotiate a settlement, and mitigate penalty charges
- be clear about the difference between tax avoidance and evasion
- understand why HMRC might start a criminal investigation, and the powers and safeguards under which they must operate.
- learn at your own pace
- help meet your annual CPD requirements
- develop your own learning needs
- exclusive member benefit – 10% discount
- iPad/Android compatible
Helping accountants grow
Disclaimer: This course is available for ACCA members, you may need your ACCA membership number to complete your booking. This course and outline is provided by a third-party course provider. All course bookings are subject to the terms and conditions set by the course provider. Please see individual supplier pages for full terms and conditions. ACCA takes no liability for bookings made with third-party suppliers.
- 4 hours
- 120 days access
- 75 GBP (exc VAT)
- ACCA members receive 10%
- discount using code ACCA101
You will be redirected to an external website for booking.