This course has been revised and is up to date for the tax year 2017-18.
When done well, financial models are powerful tools that can be used to help organisations make good business decisions. But building robust and relevant financial models is not always easy.
This course provides a solid introduction to financial modelling - exploring why and how they are used by businesses, and how the standards (FAST) that exist can ensure that the financial models you develop work for your businesses. It also looks in detail at how the models are set-up, how concept diagrams can be useful and the different considerations that feed into building calculations.
On completion of this course, you will gain an understanding of:
- what constitutes a financial model, why businesses use models and some of the inherent limitations
- what standards are, why they are used and examples of commonly accepted standards
- how to set up and structure input sheets, working sheets and output sheets
- how to make concept diagrams
- the best practice calculation block structure and key Excel functions that are commonly used.
This training course has been developed by Grant Thornton, one of the world's leading organisations of independent assurance, tax and advisory firms. For more information about them please visit their website.
- learn at your own pace
- help meet your annual CPD requirements
- develop your own learning needs
- exclusive member benefit – 10% discount
- iPad/Android compatible.
accountingcpd.net work with leading industry specialists to develop bespoke CPD courses.
Disclaimer: This course is available for ACCA members, you may need your ACCA membership number to complete your booking. This course and outline is provided by a third-party course provider. All course bookings are subject to the terms and conditions set by the course provider. Please see individual supplier pages for full terms and conditions. ACCA takes no liability for bookings made with third-party supplier.
- 4 hours
- 120 days' access
- 75 GBP (exc. VAT)
You will be redirected to an external website for booking.