Financial crime can be committed by anyone in an organisation, who is motivated by some need or desire, prepared to rationalise their actions, and thinks they won't get caught. It can also be committed by external sources through malware attacks, therefore having an understanding of this area is crucial for protecting your organisation.
This course will enable you to understand the various types of financial crime and the controls that can be used to limit the opportunities for fraudsters to commit them. More importantly you will look at how to create the right culture within an organisation to not only discourage collusion in fraud but also to encourage reporting and disclosure. You'll be able to implement strategies for risk management and responding to financial crime, as well as how to protect your organisation's IT system.
This course will enable you to:
- understand the range of financial crimes which can be committed, as well as the motives and profiles of those likely to commit them
- gain comprehensive skills in risk management and improve your assessment of risk factors
- identify how to properly approach and report financial crimes
- develop an effective policy for IT system risks
- know how to influence ethical behaviour and create the right kind of corporate culture.
- learn at your own pace
- help meet your annual CPD requirements
- develop your own learning needs
- iPad/Android compatible
- exclusive member benefit – 10% discount
Helping accountants grow
Disclaimer: This course is available for ACCA members, you may need your ACCA membership number to complete your booking. This course and outline is provided by a third-party course provider. All course bookings are subject to the terms and conditions set by the course provider. Please see individual supplier pages for full terms and conditions. ACCA takes no liability for bookings made with third-party suppliers.
- 4 hours
- 120 days' access
- 75 GBP (exc. VAT)
- ACCA members get 10% discount
- Use code ACCA101 at checkout
You will be redirected to an external website for booking.