This course is brought to you by BPP in partnership with CrossKnowledge.
Today, doing business increasingly involves dealing with remote communication. This is even more complex in an international context: it's hard to get verbal messages across when cultural values and behaviours influence our way of giving and receiving information. Not being aware of cultural preferences can lead to misunderstandings and even breakdowns in communication.
This course deals with the key features of intercultural communication: how to assess cultural preferences when delivering implicit and explicit messages; how to choose the mode of communication best suited to a given culture; and a series of writing strategies that will help you achieve the right balance in your messages.
On completion of this course, you will have a greater understanding of:
- remote communication across cultures
- why direct interactions are not always best
- how to stop never-ending email threads
- how to pick your technology and stick with it
- thinking before you send
- how strong communication is culturally contextualised
- improving your writing to improve your critical thinking
- conflicts and 'slow' communication
- smartworkers embracing new communication tools
- how to improve communication in your remote team
- how to make technical issues in virtual meetings a thing of the past
- how to get everyone on a team to adopt common tools
- how to stop boring online presentations!
- learn at your own pace
- help meet your annual CPD requirements
- develop your own learning needs
BPP is a leading provider of online technical CPD for accounting professionals.
Disclaimer: This course is available for ACCA members, you may need your ACCA membership number to complete your booking. This course and outline is provided by a third-party course provider. All course bookings are subject to the terms and conditions set by the course provider. Please see individual supplier pages for full terms and conditions. ACCA takes no liability for bookings made with third-party supplier.
- 1 hour
- 12 months' access
- 30 GBP (exc VAT)
You will be redirected to an external website for booking.